Wednesday, November 30, 2022

What Makes Great Teaching?

There are many different things that make great teaching. I would say first off great teaching allows for the teacher to continue to learn even as a teacher. They are open to learning from their students and continue to find out more about the world around them. I would also say that great teaching is the ability to show understanding and compassion to your students. You cannot be a great teacher if you are not able to create relationships with your students. Children cannot learn from someone they do not feel comfortable with. Great teaching also allows students to discover their own passions and express their creativity. Rather than putting them in a box, great teaching allows for children to learn more about themselves. Great teaching provides students with many different assignments that allow them to express their creativity. My top five assignments that I chose that we have done in this class are: Blogging, One Pager, 3-2-1 Research Reports, 3 Minute Pause, and Black-Out. I feel as those these assignments will allow me to be a great teacher. First, I chose blogging because it allows students and teachers to express their creativity and share their ideas with others. I secondly chose the one pager assignment because it allows students to express their creativity through writing and pictures. They can depict what they learned like a summary but in a creative way. My third top assignment was the 3-2-1 Research Report. The reason why I love this assignment is because it allows us to make connections from what you learned to your prior knowledge and discuss what you think about this topic. For the fourth assignment I chose was the “3 Minute Pause” assignment because you can express what you learned and how you feel about it. Lastly the assignment I chose was the Black-Out poem, it allows people to find what they see meaningful in a text and create a poem out of it. When reading it allows, we will all find different words and phrases that are meaningful. This allows students to express their creativity. 

    

                                   Qualities of a Good teacher - YouTube

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Makes Great Teaching?

There are many different things that make great teaching. I would say first off great teaching allows for the teacher to continue to learn e...